Wednesday 7 September 2011

Watch the World go by

Window seats first came about in the late 1700's, here in England. In those days they were simply a hard, uncomfortable sofa without a back, a million miles away from the images that I conjure up of window seats now.
I find something honest and romantic about window seats. They are the perfect place to sit and ponder; to cuddle up and fall asleep in the sun; or relax and watch the world go by.
If you have a bare bay window or any little nooks in the house that you don't know what to do with adding a window seat can frame the window, or room. 
Having sat on a few window seats in my time I know how frustrating it can be when the cushions slip off. To tackle this issue, staple a few strips of Velcro to the base and stitch the contrasting strips to the cushion. This should save your bottom from any bumps on the floor. 












Ally
xxx



1 comment:

  1. Very nice blog! Good to be here!
    I love these windows before kuckókat! Always think about where I could do it in my home .....
    Best regards.:Mammka-Monika

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...