Thursday 6 October 2011

Relight my Fire

When we moved into our house we were greeted by this horrific art deco fireplace. Since we've been living here we've been dying to rip it out and replace it with a stove.
Well the time has come...




I took the pleasure in ripping the fireplace out myself

As I'm typing the men are putting the final pieces of the flue in, and with the abrupt change in the weather, to say I'm looking forward to lighting a fire is an understatement.
The installation wasn't quite as straight forward as we were expecting as the previous owners decided to remove the chimney to make more wardrobe space in the bedroom above!


Whilst I have the opportunity I'm going to give the room a freshen up; anew lick of paint; rearrange the furniture and possibly rip the bookcase out. However the end result remains to be seen...

Ally
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...