Tuesday 11 October 2011

When the Grass is Jewelled

Once again the Great British Summer has past us by.
Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons of all, long nights, wrapping up warm and long walks that turn your toes to ice, no matter how many pairs of socks you wear.

When I think of Winter I conjure up memories of snuggling up next to the crackling fire with the wind howling outside. I savour the moment I step outside.  The stark contrast between the deep, rich smells of the burning wood  and the crisp, sharp wind as it takes my breath away.

I know that it is still only October but I have started making some hanging hearts for the Winter season and as such, have taken some inspiration from the recent weather.
I'm matching dark, heavy grey fabrics with and silver detailing, to embody this difference between the cold outdoors and the warmth and security of home.  The silver beads will pick up the twinkling lights from the Christmas tree.



 I have also taken inspiration from Scandinavia. Cream fabric paired with traditional red cross stitch patterns.


I'd love to hear what Winter means to you. Do you have any Christmas decorations that have any special meanings to you?




Ally
xxx



1 comment:

  1. ooooh, love that image of the winter trees! I love winter too, actually I'm always ready for the coming season, I'm anxious to see your stove installation, sounds like a great idea! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...