I reluctantly tried the dip, not being a fan of feta cheese, and I am so glad that I did, this has become one of my favourite foods. It is a simple dish to make and is packed full of flavour.
- 400g feta cheese
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 bunch of chopped parsley
- 1/2 bunch of chopped coriander
- 100g whole almonds, plus extra for serving
- Place the olive oil, tomato paste and garlic in a pan and stir over a low heat until the garlic has softened and the ingredients have incorporated.
- Remove the tomato mixture from the heat, and set aside to cool. Crumble the feta into a large bowl and stir in the tomato, garlic, olive oil mixture along with the parsley coriander and almonds.
- Transfer into a serving dish and scatter over the extra almonds, serve with warm toasted pittas.