This recipe will make 40-50 biscuits.
- 100g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 350g self-raising flour
- 100g demerara sugar
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tbsp ground ginger
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 100g chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/Gas 3, and lightly grease 3 baking trays.
- Measure the butter and golden syrup into a small pan ans gently heat together until the butter has melted. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together and add in the butter mixture, followed by the egg (I like to do this by hand).
- Form the dough into 40-50 balls, about the size of a walnut and place well apart of the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the biscuits from the baking trays and cool on a wire rack. If you leave the biscuits to cool completely on the baking trays they may become stuck.
- Once the biscuits have cooled completely you can melt 100g of chocolate and drizzle on top.